Interested in Joining?
If you wish to apply, the online application form is here
Purpose of Order Sons of Italy
New members must certify to be over 18 years of age, of Italian descent (or married to a person of Italian descent), of good character and well regarded in the community, who is willing to abide by the purposes of the Order Sons of Italy as stated above.
- To enroll in its membership all persons of good character who are of Italian birth, or descent, or married to a person of Italian birth or descent, regardless of religious faith or political affiliation, who believe in the fundamental concept that society is based upon the principles of law and order, and who adhere to a form of government founded upon the belief in God and based upon the proposition that all men are created equal.
- To promote and further the education of its members.
- To uphold the concept of Canadianism.
- To encourage the dissemination of Italian culture in Canada.
- To encourage the active participation of its membership in the political, social and civic life of our communities.
- To keep alive the spiritual attachment to the traditions of the land of our ancestors.
- To promote the moral, intellectual and material well-being of its membership.
- To organize and establish benevolent and social welfare institutions for the protection and assistance of its members, dependents and the needy in general, with such material aid as we are able to give.