SOI National Scholarship:
The Josephine Lavey Memorial Scholarship Award
This award of $1,000 is granted annually by The Order Sons of Italy of Canada to a child of a member who is enrolled full time in a post-secondary institution.
Guidelines of the Josephine Lavey Award
- An Award of $1,000 shall be given in the name of the Order Sons of Italy Josephine Lavey Award
- To qualify, the applicant must be a son or daughter, grandson or granddaughter, step-children and step-grandchildren of a member of the Order Sons of Italy of Canada
- At least one parent of the applicant must be of Italian origin
- The applicant must be a full time student enrolled in either first, second or third year at a post-secondary institution of learning (university, college, etc.)
- The Award will be given for general proficiency in general studies
- In the case of a tie average, the Award shall be given to the applicant with Italian studies
- The name of the winner shall be duly publicized
- The Award may be won only once. Winners do not qualify to reapply
- Unsuccessful applicants are invited to reapply
Further information, can be obtained from our national order. Please note, due to COVID, this scholarship will not be awarded in 2021.